At this time, adoption visits are by appointment only (NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE - we have a very limited volunteer staff).
- Please first pick out a kitten or cat by name from our Galleries under "Available Cats and Kittens" that interests you. The Adoption Inquiry Form is also available there.
- A volunteer staff member will contact you within 48 hours to talk with you. We have a short screening process to help us determine the best fit for your family, as well as the best fit for our cats and kittens.
- The next step is to come to the shelter to meet your prospective forever friend, check out his or her personality, and make sure it will be a good match for you.
- If your cat or kitten is already spayed or neutered and does not have a waiting list, you will often be able to adopt him or her that day.
- If your cat or kitten needs to be spayed or neutered, and there is no waiting list for it, you will fill out a pre-adoption form that reserves that kitten or cat for you. Our cats and kittens are spayed or neutered on Wednesdays. We carefully monitor them after their procedure to make sure they are healthy enough to be adopted. Typically, males can go home the following Friday and females the following Saturday.
Please bring a hard-covered carrier with you for transportation when you bring your new cat or kitten home.
When you adopt, we will discuss the foods the kitty has been eating and send home samples so that your new friend does not get an upset tummy from food changes. We will also let you know of any needed follow-up immunizations or treatments that are needed (many of these are done at Kitten Rescue and are included in the price of the adoption).